Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Stonehenge Trail

In the long time that I've been away from posting, I've crossed mighty oceans and travelled to a land where global warming works the other way around, football is religion, and Cornish pasties and apple pies have become my favourite food!

One of the first places I visited, was the world famous heritage monument, the stones that are Stonehenge! A place that some may find utterly disappointing, but has great history with many questions still unanswered. You can also buy tees with 'Stonehenge Rocks!' on them, or have a nice 'rock cake'.

If you're up for a challenge, The Stonehenge Heritage Trek is something you definitely should try. http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.9849

Set out early and follow instructions precisely, or you might just end up on a farm being barked at by ferocious dogs. I wasnt too good at following directions, and ended up off track quite a few times. Only after I'd reached and was back home, did I realise that I should've taken pictures to help future trekkers. Here are a few, which don't really show the way, but show how beautiful the way is.

















The images are in the order you should come across them. Feel free to contact me for directions!

No comments: