Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blogging Credentials

Do not be fooled by the date of my first post. No I am not new to blogging and no I don't read the newspaper each morning in the loo. Yes, I have no idea why those two totally random sentences came together right there.

Back in the day, when tight at the hip flared at the bottom pants were IN, MJ in the news only for his music and air travel was not for the masses, I used to blog! Turning out tasty treats about our favourite celebrity divas and bitches, I had my not my own sleaze blog.

Working as a summer intern with a small but quite successful Indian startup, I learnt some interesting things about blogging, web-hosting, SEO, RSS, PHP, JDS, BJP, TDP and DMK.
This company now hosts quite a few web portals, one hugely popular with the teeming Indian junta, which offers free SMS service within the country. Texting rates in India are quite high: $0.002 within the same state and $0.04 elsewhere.

Designing my own pages with Wordpress, reporting daily on That's not Hot bitch who loves to do it and Brad Pitt's pitiable ex, I gained quite some experience. Don't believe me? JFGI. As I was not getting paid, I was still young and living off my parents, which btw I'm still doing, I was attracted to the many ways you could make money online just blogging. Hence my patronization of Google to this day.

(Events may seem randomly out of sync with the known happenings of the time. This is due to the fact that that diabolical Stewie's time machine malfunctioned. Luckily Quahog was saved, but Asian reporter Tricia Takanawa was forever lost to the airwaves).

No comments: