Friday, August 8, 2008

Rarer than an asteroid shower

In September 2003, scientists warned of a possible asteroid collision with the Earth in 2014. But they say the probability is just 1 in 909,000 and the risk of impact is likely to decrease as they collect more information.

Pray why do I speak of this possible Doomsday ? Just to compare the slim chances of it actually happening, with the event that brought me here to put down my thoughts.

There I was peeing into the toilet, when I sensed the sensation of an oncoming sneeze. My best efforts to hold it back were futile, and there she blew with an accompanying fart at the other end !! Needless to say, the projectile diverted from its intended trajectory ( the physicist lingo is due to the fact that my current readings include the autobiography of Richard P. Feynman ) and there were unexpected showers in other parts of the territory.
After calm was restored, the first thought that struck me was, "How often does such a phenomena occur ?? This is something I need to write about."

Hence ladies and gentlemen, I give you, the one and only.. Myself !!