Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Of the Olympics and Blogging

With all the excitement of the Olympics, I've got quite immersed in it all myself. Phelps has been phenomenal, Indian shooter Bindra's success was plain luck (stfu.. he said it too!!) and boxing is my latest passion. The opening ceremony was mindblowing, something which only the Chinese have the skill and discipline to put up. Although DD, the only Indian channel with broadcasting rights for the Olympics lost transmission halfway through, it wasn't too bad a loss, what with the monotonous Hindi commentary.

The only blotch on that almost perfect Olympic opening ceremony, came to light a few days later. 7 year old Lin Miao Ke who had an audience of more than 4 billion worldwide listen to hear sing 'Ode to the Motherland', was only lip syncing to Yang Peiyi's voice, who was not allowed by show organizers to perform as she has 'buck teeth'. Putting on a perfect show eh mister? A raised middle finger from me for that. Still, the song is brilliant and has me playing it on loop. You can listen to/download it here
A big thank you to my new found pen pal in China, Chenxi Shen.


That reminds me, Posterous is quite a cool site. Not that posting on blogs was oh so difficult, but they've just made it way easier. Just send out a mail with attached photos/mp3s/files and its made into a blog post. Way too cool !!

Later !

No comments: