Saturday, August 9, 2008

Show me the Money !!

I recently came across a post in which a young (of legal age) girl proudly displayed the fact that she had just exercised her right to vote.

4 years after I gained that right, the undeserving candidates do not yet have an excuse to thank me, (neither have they wooed me). In my lifelong quest for justice (more benefits less taxes), I have yet to come across a deserving candidate.

But my level of nincompoopness has drastically dropped over the last 5,25,600 minutes, and I hereby solemnly swear to get my finger stained the next time opportunity comes a knockin'. You see, I now understand the not so intricate workings of a rarely oiled political machine. I have a solution (opinion) to every little crisis that has/ is/ will come up. How things work is, good (high GDP, low inflation, abundant monsoon): ruling party can smile, bad (terrorist attacks, communal violence, US butt kissin): opposition party can shout and ugly (anything debateable): alliance partners veto it claiming it aint in public interest.

Every tiny weenie issue in this country can be (is) thought of along political lines, with the almost sole intention of wooing the vote banks. Cutting the crap, why the title? I still don't find anyone worthy of my vote! (I get enought exercise just pushing my luck) Still: CONGRESS \m/

No comments: